Bauhaus World Heritage Site edited by Stiftung Bauhaus Dessau. Between 1919 and 1933 the Bauhaus revolutionized the notions of architecture and design and construction methods that had hitherto prevailed. The buildings conceived by Walter Gropius and Hannes Meyer had a lasting influence on the architecture of the twentieth century. Accordingly, the Bauhaus buildings in Weimar and Dessau were added to the list of World Heritage Sites in 1996. This soft-cover book is published to mark UNESCO’s inclusion of a number of other buildings, among them the houses with balcony access in Dessau, the ADGB Trades Union School in Bernau, the Haus am Horn, and the old Art School and the old School of Arts and Crafts in Weimar.
Measures 4.25 x 5.75"